CavLand

Blackhorse forever.

My name is Ken Gulledge and I was a Medic with Headquarters Troop from 73-75. After spending so much time there I am missing something that probably all of you who served there have at home on your wall or with your Army papers.. When I ETS'ed back in Aug of 75 everyone was at Graf and I spent my last 2 weeks in the army by myself as I completed my out processing. Any way I didn't receive my border certificate or my Fiddlers Green poster. I feel as though I was shorted because of this , So I was going to see if anyone had extra copies blanks or good scans of theirs so I could recreate the ones I never received .Any .help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ken Gulledge  I can be contacted at tkeng52@comcast.net

Views: 1825

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,  I remember the CO as Cpt. George Crocker... I knew him well for I was always standing before him in his office.  The things I remember most of him is one time he asked me to crow call for him and I jumped on his desk and crowed, another time in formation he walked up to me and asked me what his first name was I told him George and he replied "they don't call me that to my face huh.  from that time on I only called him George.  He kicked me out 2 months before my ets with a full honorable!!!

Daniel Glen Taylor said:
I was a medic with HHT from Jan 1973 w/ SSG Davis, SGT Hamburg and a couple of others until January 1974 when I went over to the 20th MedDet at the dispensary. The medic's office was over the movie theater... I don't remember you but perhaps with a photo I would. CPT Holt was CO of HHT... I roomed w/ Vern Lewison and Dee Smith..both medics
PS: I never got a border certificate of Fiddler's Green poster either but I'm still Cav. I ETS'd in July '75.
Regards,
d. glen taylor
Well lets try again. Could one of you duys that did get the border certificates and fiddlers green certificates,get a good scan and put them on here so we all can make our own who didn't get one.  Thanks.

I would like to have a border certificate as well. I was stationed in Regensberg, working out of the border camps at Regin and Passau area from 1959 thru 1960!

David England

Allons, and Eaglehorse!!  I was with the 2/11th from 1980 til 1985 Worked as the SXO Driver, the SCO Driver and Scout sct sgt in Gator Troop, and with all my time I do not have either a Border Certificate or Fiddler's Green Certificate, and I was a 19D Primary and 19E/K Secondary And Yes I spent My Time @ Camp Lee and OP Sierra and OP Tennessee every time the SXO or the SCO went on Leave I went to the border camp, even did the Horse Patrol in 1985 3 days in the saddle a experience that'll stay with me all the rest of my life.

Marc, I was also with HHT 1/11 I remember the CO as Cpt. George Crocker...I knew him well for I spent most of my time in his office.  He called me pvt wong, and I called him George.  I was there 73-75 also.

Marc A. King said:

Ken:
What Squadron were you in 73-75?

Marc A. King
Commander, HHT 1st Squadron, 11th ACR
1974-1976

Did you contact HHT, Regiment at Ft. Erwin?

Ken, my DD Form 214 doesn't even show that I served "overseas" at all.  I was on border patrol with H Co. 2/11th ACR '76-'77.  I don't have a clue about a "Fiddlers Green Poster" let alone a "Border Certificate".  I am also NOT allowed to join the VFW because I don't show "overseas" service on my DD Form 214.

If you know of anything that can change this issue, let me know.

SGT. ROCK

when the border opened up in '89 my unit was moving across the caserne to newer billets and i ended up with a stack of border certs.

so, i still have some blanks & am happy to hook  you up with one. please send me your name and other info you would like included on it. x909m@yahoo.com

sgt. patrick davis

Gary Cuda, Hello, long time.

This is very interesting, because I clearly remember sitting there on the border trace and talking to you, in fact I was a bit nervous because you always had that camera and I hated pictures, I find this very interesting becuase it has been said that there cannot be a mistake in your 201 file, yet here you are, and I know for a fact there you were.

In fact, weren't you the brother who got pissed about the fake french fries they came up with in the snack bar back then? All 25 days a year we got to spend not in the field or on the border was nice to be able to take your wife to the only place in Germany that made a flat hamburger and fries for a quick lunch, they were always quick. Who was the guy who threw CS grenade in the White Horse?

SSG T ( lol )

GARY D CUDA said:

Ken, my DD Form 214 doesn't even show that I served "overseas" at all.  I was on border patrol with H Co. 2/11th ACR '76-'77.  I don't have a clue about a "Fiddlers Green Poster" let alone a "Border Certificate".  I am also NOT allowed to join the VFW because I don't show "overseas" service on my DD Form 214.

If you know of anything that can change this issue, let me know.

SGT. ROCK

I just read this and sent you an e-mail ref the border certificates.  Please shoot me an e-mail if you don't get it.

Eric Myers    eric.myers@usa.net

Patrick J. Davis said:

when the border opened up in '89 my unit was moving across the caserne to newer billets and i ended up with a stack of border certs.

so, i still have some blanks & am happy to hook  you up with one. please send me your name and other info you would like included on it. x909m@yahoo.com

sgt. patrick davis

Ken, look at my post in the Thunderhorse section. I scanned mine in but is from 1984

I never received or heard about the Fiddler Green poster but I did receive a border certificate from Col. Franks. He became the Col after Col. White left. The certificate is a 11x16 to big to scan. Here is a photo of it. I hope this helps.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Greg Hallmark.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service