CavLand

Blackhorse forever.

My name is Ken Gulledge and I was a Medic with Headquarters Troop from 73-75. After spending so much time there I am missing something that probably all of you who served there have at home on your wall or with your Army papers.. When I ETS'ed back in Aug of 75 everyone was at Graf and I spent my last 2 weeks in the army by myself as I completed my out processing. Any way I didn't receive my border certificate or my Fiddlers Green poster. I feel as though I was shorted because of this , So I was going to see if anyone had extra copies blanks or good scans of theirs so I could recreate the ones I never received .Any .help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ken Gulledge  I can be contacted at tkeng52@comcast.net

Views: 1803

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Damn dude, yours is even more beat up than mine but has the same signature. Why only an honorary member of the border legion? I was able to scan mine (have a big copier at work).

Steven Durant said:

I never received or heard about the Fiddler Green poster but I did receive a border certificate from Col. Franks. He became the Col after Col. White left. The certificate is a 11x16 to big to scan. Here is a photo of it. I hope this helps.

Not sure why it says Honary?? It was sent to me in the mail. Yea it's beat up pretty bad. It was at my moms house and I found one day going through some old stuff. Mom apparently folded it and put it away...LOL

Tim St.Martin said:

Damn dude, yours is even more beat up than mine but has the same signature. Why only an honorary member of the border legion? I was able to scan mine (have a big copier at work).

Steven Durant said:

I never received or heard about the Fiddler Green poster but I did receive a border certificate from Col. Franks. He became the Col after Col. White left. The certificate is a 11x16 to big to scan. Here is a photo of it. I hope this helps.

I was in Bad Hersfeld 72 - 74 with HHT and M Co.  even did a couple of border watches and never received either of these as well.  It was all up to commander of unit and admins.  If you weren't on good terms is so long don't let the door hit you on the way out

Kewn,

I may be able to help you if you still need these.  All departing troopers should have gotten the Border Certificate and Fiddlers Green if the troop sent in the request.  While I was Adjutant (1971-72), we had a draftsman working full time doing the lettering of these. If the troop commander said give one, it was done, but being at Graf may have been the problem.  I PCS'ed in November 1973 and have no idea how things went after that. 

"Workhorse" 

Don

I have my border legion certificate I am missing Fiddlers Green
Here is a copy of the certificate I didn't get my fiddler green certificate
Attachments:

it be nice if there was some place we can go to get our certificates for those that served on Tower duty or ran the trace.

I hope this helps, I have tried to clean up, sharpen the image and brighten the colors as well as my photo editor will allow. Removed the names and date. I am not sure of the original size. This is on an 8 1/2 by 11. I used bright white card stock for paper to print one. Anyway check it see what you think. 

Those look nice. I was in H co. 2/11 and the Co. was at Graf when I ets'ed in Dec '75. Was strange to be there leaving with the place empty Can't say that I new anyone that ever got the Fiddler's Green. I would pay for a copy of both but especially the Border Cert. Is it hard to change the Squadron and who will it be signed by? Be nice if some old Cav guy would lend his sig, no one will know but us, and at least we'd have it. Be nice on my wall. 

I do not think everyone who was there got one....

Guys,  As a new member of the site I may be able to add some information to this old string.  I arrived in Oct '71, 14th ACR at that time under COL E.B. Clark.  I was assigned to Regt S2 Border Ops under CPT Walker.  Also, I lettered the Border Legion certificates for some time along with a later arrival (SP4 Toplyn).  I moved on to S1 and Toplyn did them until his DEROS in '74.  If I remember correctly, everyone was able to receive one if a request was put in.  Funny thing, My MOS was 12B2U which should have put me with the 58th Eng Co. but because I had training with the M113, the Cav scooped me up.  Don't you just love it.............Allons

I knew I had it somewhere.  Starting to show it's age but still in good shape.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Greg Hallmark.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service